Healthy Chocolate and Banana Pancakes.
- 3⁄4cup skim milk or 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten or 1 egg
- 1⁄2teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4cup pureed overripe banana
- 1⁄2cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2teaspoon baking soda
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk chocolate chips
- In a small bowl whisk milk, egg whites, vanilla, and banana.
- In large bowl, mix flours, cocoa powder, sugar and baking soda.
- Add wet mixture to dry, and whisk just until dry ingredients are moistened, folding in chocolate chips.
- Pour pancakes onto boiling hot greased pan and let sit until lightly bubbling and edges have began to firm. Flip and cook until firm and browned. Top with vanilla ice-cream or syrup.